Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Week WIthout Chris - Partially Blogged.

Nicholas and I dropped Chris off at the airport last Thursday. We were sad that we could not tag along to go with him to Greenville, as I do greatly enjoy Greenville. We are looking forward to the day when we don't have to drop him off at the airport as much. Nicholas did enjoy seeing the airplanes while we were there though. I just love hearing him say, "aplane"! Thursday night Nicholas took me out on a date to Noodles. We shared a bowl of Wisconsin Mac and Cheese and had flat bread on the side. He is the perfect date as the two of us both enjoy people watching. Plus he listens so well to all that I have to gab about. We then headed to the library to drop some books off, and headed to Cub Foods after to buy some more blueberries and milk. He was such a good little boy the whole time we were out. He had been getting over a cold, or just in the middle of it, and luckily for me slept much better Thursday night.

Friday came and went and I don't remember much of what we did. I know I made ham, peas, and rice for dinner. Nicholas loved the ham, and did a good job eating the peas. But he refused to touch the rice.

Saturday sure was a fun day. We invited my mom and my aunt Barb to go with us to look at the ice sculptures for the 125th St. Paul Winter Carnival. They arrived at Garnsworthy Grove right around lunch time. Since they weren't too interested in having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch, they don't know what they are missing, we decided to go to Leanne Chins for lunch. Nicholas choose to have the "yemon" (lemon) "bawcbawc". He was eyeying up the frozen yogurt "yo, yo", as this is a treat that Chris will normally spring for at Leanne Chin's. Unfortunately Daddy wasn't with us, so no frozen yo yo. However he greatly enjoyed his lemon chicken and even started dipping on his own. He is quite successful when using a fork, and even impressed his grandmother and great aunt. After eating we then headed to downtown St. Paul. I had decided that we were going to park at the Science Museum as this was close to Rice Park where the ice sculptures were located. Well there was a line of cars backed up to get into the parking ramp, and one of the parking attendants asked if we were going to the Science Museum, being the honest person I am I said, "no". He then asked if we would park somewhere else. Well I couldn't easily get out of line, and he had moved on to the many cars behind us. With my mother's guidance I continued to pull into the parking ramp. It was a very full ramp, but we found a perfect spot after stocking some people. We then woke Nicholas up, because of course he had fallen asleep. I bundled him all up for his new winter adventure. Sometimes I wonder what he thinks about all the crazy ideas I have to do with him. We went up the elevator and were then greeted by a boisterous dinosaur. We stayed back but observed the dinosaur, who really could roar well. Nicholas didn't seem to have a positive or negative affect towards the dinosaur. However I am sure he must have peed his pants, I know I would have! Of course it was super crowded as temps were in the balmy low 20's! However we got a good look at all of the ice sculptors. I loved hearing the snotty comments as well about the stroller from the occasional passerbyer. As if my stroller takes up any more room than two people. You sure can tell who has never had a child before, or been interested in children, that's for sure. We did get an occasional "wow" from Nicholas as he looked at the frozen water carefully carved to resemble many different things. He also came away from the experience with a new word, "ice". I was pleased when he successfully used the word the next day. We then were able to catch about an hour of the never ending Grand Day Parade. Who would have ever thought that a winter parade would last close to 2 hours long. Nicholas loved the fire coming out of the hot air balloon baskets. He would say, "fiire, fiire"! He also loved listening the the bands as they went by. We then headed back to the Science Museum for a quick warm up and then headed home. Once home he convinced Grandma and Barb to stay and play for awhile by hauling off Grandma's purse and boots. Grandma normally leaves from the front hall, but on this day was leaving from the mudroom. Nicholas decided to take her purse and boots and neatly tuck the boots under the bench like Grandma normally does as gently place her purse next to them. He sure is convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment