Friday, February 18, 2011

Mommy's Lil' Sweetheart

Valentine's Day.

Nicholas and I had a great visit to the MN Zoo this afternoon. We enjoyed the gorgeous weather outside and fresh air. We went to look at the animals in Discovery Cove. Again it was confirmed that Nicholas is not a fan of sharks. I will try not to point them out to him anymore. He clung on to me when we went to look at the shark, and had no interest of an observation such as that. However the dolphins, which seemed to remind him of sharks at first, started to grow on him. We enjoyed watching the new baby dolphin, and the other dolphin play with a ball. He loved watching the tide pool, "Wa, wa! WA, WA!" He was brave enough to even put his hands in the frigid cold water for awhile. We then headed outside and got close up with the bears. Two bears were sleeping in the den, and one was out sleeping by the water. We were able to closely see their paws and the long claws they have. He talked about this later in the day even. He also loved the sea otters. Just being outside and being able to walk around was so much fun for him. It is so much fun to see how much he has grown up. He even insisted that he help me push the stroller around. What a gentlemen. He wouldn't even let me have my hands on it. Before we left we Nicholas picked out a penny imprint that we could make for Chris.

Then we headed to our hot date, Noodles, for dinner. We shared a yummy bowl of Mac and Cheese and flat bread. We each had a glass of water. I am done sharing glasses of water with him, too much backwash for my liking. While on our date we both enjoyed an evening of intense people watching. Oh he really is the perfect date.

We topped the night off with a stop at the library. I loved the excitement on Nick's face when I said we were going to the library, "Y, AY!" with his hands moving up and down in excitement. I knew he would love going there, and after all that is what the day is about doing special things for the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment